**minimum quantities apply**
10 Year Manufacturer backed Warranty and 10 Year Installation Guarantee when we install.
BunkerMat is used in golf bunkers to retain sand on steep slopes. It works by trapping sand within the open structure of the Bunkermat fibres which allows the sand to be held on steeper bunker slopes. It has been used around the World on many golf courses including a number of championship courses.
Bunkermat® is a proven solution to the construction of bunkers on golf courses and is the perfect compliment for Whitemoss Eco bunker sands.
a 3-dimensional sand retention and drainage matting, Bunkermat® traps the sand within the open structure of the fibres, enabling sand to be held on steeper bunker slopes, whilst still allowing internal water movement.
Bunkermat® also acts as an effective barrier, limiting the migration of fines from the subsoil to the base of the bunker and contaminating bunker sands, making them unplayable.
Golf course architects want to create bunkers with more dramatic shapes and structures that are both aesthetically pleasing and a greater challenge to players. At the same time, greenkeepers need to keep bunkers playable throughout the year.
Bunkermat® meets everyones requirements whether it is used for the construction of a new bunker or the reconstruction of an existing bunker.
BunkerMat® Installation Guide
- Ensure that adequate drainage is installed. Consult your architect or a specialist drainage contractor for advice
- Shape bunker floor. Remove any debris which may be making the surface rough.
- Install BunkerMat® keeping seams and joins to the minimum possible. Lay the mat across the length, width of diagonally to suit.
- BunkerMat® can be layed underneath the bunker edge sod or can be pinned at the top edge. In the case of the former, care should be taken when removing or folding back the turf to make reinstatement easier. The mat should be pinned under the turf. If pinning at the top edge, pin spacing should be no more than 200mm (8”) apart.
- Ensure than any voids are pinned out to prevent sand passing behind the mat.
- Pinning out of the mat should be concentrated along the joins with a further three pins per square metre.
- Spread sand over the mat and spray with water. Repeat 3 – 4 times to achieve full sand impregnation of the mat.
Infinite Variety Golf Design nears completion of Hulencourt renovation
Frank Pont and Hendrik Hilgert of Infinite Variety Golf Design are approaching completion of a renovation of the Le Vallon course at Golf Club Hulencourt, near Brussels, Belgium. BunkerMat is being installed in all bunkers.
Jonathan Davison restores bunker style at Carlisle Golf Club
Golf course architect Jonathan Davison of Create Golf is overseeing a project to bring Mackenzie Ross design elements back to Carlisle Golf Club in the north of England.
“The work has seen a full bunker remodel using Whitemoss Eco’s BunkerMat, some clearing of trees, and the restoration of some fairway lines,” said Davison.
Get In Touch
Office Address: Whitemoss Eco Supplies Ltd,
5 The Courtyard,
Greenfield Farm Industrial Estate,